Focusing on Student Needs: The Opportunities & Challenges of Federal Stimulus Investment Webinar1 hour 3 minutes
The stimulus bills of the past year (The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSA), CARES Act, and American Recovery Plan) present both a once in a lifetime opportunity to make key investments to improve equitable outcomes for children and a real challenge for schools being asked to make detailed plans for their use.
The many ways the funding can be used require school systems to, in short time, make decisions that will have an impact not only on addressing lost learning opportunities from the past year and a half, but also the future direction of what education could and should look like in communities.
Join your K-12 colleagues and Pittsburgh Learning Collaborative convener and Executive Director of A+ Schools, James Fogarty, Esq., for a webinar discussing how community-based organizations can support you in creating the conditions for success for your investments.
- How to help your community understand the complexity of the policy
- Considerations for prioritizing funds to tackle learning loss
- Questions to help you clarify spending decisions and tradeoffs that made need to occur
- Short-term investments that can have transformational impact on the long-term health of your systems
- How to identify political forces and players you’ll need to engage to build support for investments
- Ways to run a transparent, equitable process that meets requirements set forth by the DOE
Take this opportunity to hear from a local leader about how you can navigate this moment to build stronger long-term progress for your students.
*Please note: While CEU certificates won’t be offered for this webinar, you will have access to a certificate of participation to show that you attended the webinar.
Disclaimer: Frontline Education does not provide guidance on instructional practices. This webinar is provided for informational purposes only.
Access this on-demand webinar.
Watch the Focusing on Student Needs: The Opportunities & Challenges of Federal Stimulus Investment webinar now by completing the form .