Performing an RTI/MTSS Academic Screening Process Check-Up
Does your screening process help you consistently identify and serve students who need academic intervention services?
Every school that follows a response to intervention (RTI)/multi-tier system of supports (MTSS) model has its own procedures to identify students for services and move learners up and down the tiers of intervention.
It’s a complex process with many stakeholders involved and a lot riding on its success — so, how do you know if it’s working?
Performing an academic screening process check-up will help you answer this very important question and lend power to your student-support efforts and team.
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to evaluate the quality of your screening data and cut-points to verify they can be trusted to find at-risk students
- Ways to tighten up your school’s RTI/MTSS screening process and workflow
- How to decide which type of screener is the best fit for your school
- Red flags that your team isn’t consistently enforcing Tier 2/3 entrance and exit criteria
- Strategies for using your screening data to make decisions for each student
Download our free eBook to learn best practices on tightening up your academic screening process from RTI/MTSS expert Jim Wright
About the Author
Jim Wright is a highly acclaimed national presenter, trainer and author on topics that cover the essentials and beyond of Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered System of Supports. He has worked for 17 years in public education as a school psychologist and school administrator.
Read the eBook.