Interested in Frontline Absence & Time but still have questions about it? Here are some of the questions that come up a lot! If you’re wondering about something you don’t see here, please contact your Education Solutions Executive who will be glad to assist you.
What applications are included as part of Frontline Absence & Time?
The full Frontline Absence & Time solution includes several applications designed to help K-12 administrators manage employee time and attendance and maintain compliance. They include:
Absence & Substitute Management
Track absence trends and find the most qualified substitute for every classroom
Time & Attendance
Electronically capture and manage employee hours
Substitute Training Course Library
Provide substitutes with the knowledge they need to be successful
What are the benefits of using the full Frontline Absence & Time solution?
Gain efficiencies and streamline processes. Our systems are integrated, which means an employee in our time tracking system is automatically updated in our absence solution. This ensures data is accurate and stays consistent, and eliminates the extra time spent on re-entering information from one system to the other. And because we integrate with most major payroll vendors, you can reduce payroll errors and save time inputting data. Finally, combined reporting in the system ensures that the appropriate funding codes are used for absences.
Maintain compliance. Tracking employee attendance in one place helps you stay compliant with state and federal labor laws, ACA, FLSA and collective bargaining agreements. Reports may be run to see when substitutes and part-time employees are approaching the threshold for benefit eligibility.
Have greater visibility. Our system provides total visibility into where your people are, when they’re working and in what capacity. You can see the whole picture of employee attendance with a single login.
Currently, more than 6,000 clients use Frontline Absence & Time.
Frontline Absence & Time can also help make your office paperless, to reduce time spent:
- Chasing down and approving timesheets
- Trying to comply with state and federal guidelines
- Struggling to control overtime, labor costs and more
We’re confident that our solution stands head and shoulders above the rest. Here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- We build our systems specifically for K-12, giving you the unique features your district needs.
- Frontline Absence & Time is accessible through an easy-to-use mobile app
- Clients using Frontline Absence & Time along with Frontline Central can compare their organization’s data to national benchmarks with a customizable interactive report that leverages data from the Frontline Research & Learning Institute.
- Frontline’s solution shows you the full picture of employee attendance in one place, with one login: when employees are in, as well as when they are out.
With fully automated processes, you’ll reduce the amount of clerical support you need and the amount of paper you need to process, minimizing errors and freeing up staff for more strategic work. You can drastically cut down on payroll errors caused by manual data entry, improve accountability with electronic time tracking and monitor how much overtime is worked in the district.
- For administrators:
- Manage attendance and get insight into absence trends
- Easily approve absences through Approval Workflow
- Ensure there is a qualified substitute
- Easily track time worked
- Review and approve timesheets
- Report/Export captured time
- Improve compliance with state and federal laws
- For employees:
- Easily create leave requests
- View leave balances in real time
- Leave feedback based on subs performance
- Clock in and out on the go with the Frontline mobile app
The mobile app is available to Frontline Absence & Time clients using the enhanced functionality of the Frontline Insights Platform.
- Administrators can:
- Easily view and approve (or deny) absences from their mobile device
- View the Daily Report of filled/unfilled absences
- Get the details on who is absent and why
- See a quick view of 3-day trends
- Employees can:
- Clock in and out based on administrator-approved parameters
- Check their leave balances
- Create an absence request
- Receive alerts
- Look up colleagues in an employee directory (if your district also has Frontline Central)
- Prepare substitutes for the classroom with online training courses
- Reduce new substitutes anxiety and support an active substitute pool
- Provide substitutes with up to ten times more training than live workshops, all on their own time
- Document and track each learner’s progress through the courses
- Reduce substitute “incidents” and “do not use” requests
Yes. Frontline Absence & Time integrates with other systems via an sFTP process. Frontline provides a list of current integrations on our partners page.
No. Frontline is device agnostic, meaning you can use your current equipment. We support a variety of options for tracking employee time, and will never ask you to purchase proprietary hardware.
You can choose to have online timesheets that employees fill out easily from their own computer, or you can have timesheets auto-populate based on the user’s work schedule, which the employee then validates or changes – complete with electronic signature.
Or, employees can easily clock in and out with their ID and PIN on any computer, tablet or other internet-connected device (whether their own device or a kiosk you set up). You can also choose to have them scan in using barcodes, proximity cards, magnetic cards or even biometric scanners from other vendors.
None! Frontline Absence & Time is a web-based solution — an Internet connection is all that’s required.
Frontline Absence & Time requires as annual subscription based on a per-user license. A Frontline representative can discuss your specific needs and send you a proposal.