Insight: Impact of Lead Time on Absence Fill Rates
Did you know it's easier for school districts to find substitutes if teachers give plenty of notice when they'll be absent? Our data shows that with zero lead time, districts can expect a fill rate of just 58%. Compare that to a fill rate of 90% with three days' notice, or 97% when notified 10+ days in advance!
Insight: Screening Tools and Confidence in Hiring
Hiring is a time-consuming and expensive process, so getting it right is important. What does our data tell us about districts' confidence in their new hires? Only 48% of districts who didn’t use a screening tool said they were confident in their hiring decisions. Compare that to 64% of districts who did use a screening tool.
Insight: Peak Times for Professional Learning
Teachers need access to learning that addresses their unique goals. Our data shows that professional learning is concentrated toward the middle of the week, with 47% taking place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Consider the effect that might have on teachers choosing between two learning experiences offered at the same time, or on scheduling substitutes when PL happens during the day.
Partnering with Education
On-demand, actionable insights.
Built from the ground up to serve the front line of education — everyone from educators and bus drivers to administrators and custodial staff — our solutions bring systems and information together to activate your district’s potential. By bridging gaps between your departments, we provide insights that equip you to make the best decisions for your teachers, staff and students.
- Frontline Central
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Absence & Time
- Professional Growth
- Special Ed & Interventions
Bringing in the best educators is a win-win for everyone – until the demands of collecting, storing and maintaining employee records overshadows the valuable people-focused work so critical to student growth.
Spend less time on paperwork and more time on your people with Frontline Central, a centralized employee system of record that securely and efficiently manages employee information online.
- Maintain accurate employee records with an online repository
- Gain insights across your Frontline solutions to drive decisions
- Manage the entire annual contract renewal process online
- Provide employees with visibility to their own records
Recruiting & Hiring
Frontline Recruiting & Hiring
Your people are your most important asset. Frontline Recruiting & Hiring makes it easy to get the best candidates ready to work in your district. From the moment a job opens up, our solution supports you in finding the right person and quickly bringing them on board.
- Deepen your applicant pool and automate your processes for faster, easier hiring
- Easily identify the best candidates to bring in for interviews
- Quickly get new hires up to speed with online safety training courses
- Manage employee records online after the hire, without any data entry
Absence & Time
Frontline Absence & Time
We know you strive for uninterrupted instruction. From reviewing absences and hours to finding qualified substitutes to fill in, Frontline Absence & Time helps you manage every aspect of employee attendance — without taking up your own time.
- Easily manage all of your employee absences and hours in one place
- Improve fill rates and ensure that absences are covered by qualified substitutes
- Move beyond “putting out fires” and get the data you need to prevent problems
- Stay compliant with labor laws like the ACA, FLSA and FMLA
Frontline Professional Growth
Frontline Professional Growth gives school districts the tools to manage every aspect of the educator growth cycle efficiently and effectively — so you can focus on what really matters: equipping all your staff to be great at what they do.
- Streamline the evaluation process and easily report required data
- Calibrate observers to ensure valid and defensible evaluations for every employee
- Document and track professional learning for all employees
- Save time and money by managing your professional growth processes all in one place
Special Ed & Interventions
Frontline Special Ed & Interventions
You work in education to ensure every student has the opportunities and supports they need to succeed. But administrative burden, compliance requirements and making sure the right data gets to the right people can take time away from teaching. Frontline Special Ed & Interventions gives you tools to help manage your programs so you can spend more time working with students.
- Improve the quality of IEPs for better student outcomes
- Collaboratively develop academic and behavioral student intervention plans and simplify RTI / MTSS case management and administration
- Discover and optimize your district’s allowable Medicaid reimbursement potential
- Save time and simplify workflow throughout the entire 504 Plan process
- Identify students for ELL and Gifted & Talented programs, and create personalized educational plans
Thoughts From the Front Line
"We love Frontline and we love that they’re very customer-focused. We wish that every software company loved their customers as much as they do.”
Jennifer Polk, Staffing Coordinator
Wylie ISD, Texas
“They’re not just selling a product. They’re selling a solution to problems that organizations have….These are products that truly do help us solve our problems and move on with the reason that we’re there in the first place.”
Beekmantown Central School District, New York
“Frontline’s products help us to advance student growth by having teachers to teach, paraprofessionals to help the students, custodians to clean the floors… it all helps the students.”
Lynn Boisvert, Finance and Operations
Rocky Hill Public Schools, Connecticut