Connected HCM Software for Schools
Improve student outcomes by optimizing the employee journey for teachers and staff with Frontline HCM.Request a Demo
Attract, engage, grow, and retain great people.
Support Your People
Empower teachers so they can give their best to your students.
Minimize time spent on administrative tasks, and increase confidence in compliance.
Get More Strategic
Make data-driven decisions around teacher absences, recruiting, hiring, position management, and professional learning.
Effectively Manage Risk
Avoid audits, control costs, and stay compliant with state requirements and labor and data privacy laws.
Your onboarding process should make a great first impression.
Proactively engage with job-seekers and hire the best candidates.
Supercharge your teachers’ professional growth.
Know the right people are in the right place at the right time.
Make more informed human capital decisions with data.
Fuel your HR team’s passion for people (not paperwork).
Don’t let disconnected processes sabotage your mission.
Highly manual processes and lack of transparency adds stress, reduces your impact, and makes it difficult to support teachers and staff.
- When teachers leave, schools pay a big price
- With high turnover, students experience a greater risk of academic regression
- You may lose high-performing talent to other organizations with more efficient processes
- You can’t use data for decision support when it’s clunky and disorganized
Put people first.
Teachers impact student achievement more than almost anything else. A connected HCM system helps you get through administrative tasks, and focus more on supporting teachers, staff, and students.
Resources for Human Capital Management in Schools
Connected human capital management goes beyond “HR done well.” Put simply, connected human capital management is a system schools can use to:
- Bring the right processes for areas like hiring, time tracking, substitute fulfillment, employee life cycle management, position management, and career development together so every person in a school can do their job smoothly and effectively.
- Make important information readily available: everything from job descriptions and annual contracts to evaluation frameworks and professional learning content.
- Wrangle workflows, content, and data and make it easier to get work done in a way that makes sense.
- Get actionable insights, achieve goals, make better decisions, and drive continuous improvement around talent management.
A connected HCM solution helps schools become more efficient and intentional about attracting, retaining, and professionally developing teachers and staff while making HR interactions as meaningful and efficient as possible.
Connected HCM enables district leaders to manage and mitigate risk by ensuring compliance with labor and data privacy laws, as well as with state requirements for teachers and other school personnel. It improves efficiency within the district, ensuring information needed for decision-making is accessible and easy to understand. It provides a streamlined experience for both administrators and employees in the district to minimize the amount of time spent on manual work and logistics and maximize the time spent on the business of schools: educating students.
When schools make the switch from simply enduring these fragmented processes to taking an integrated approach to HCM, they:
- Spend less time on busywork and can be more strategic
- Eliminate duplicate data entry between systems
- Boost productivity and reduce human error
- Streamline recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and induction, to help new teachers hit the ground running on day one
No matter how efficient and talented your HR team, to implement HCM effectively, you need more than the capabilities an isolated HR system can provide.
While HR-only systems can help with some aspects of the employee journey, a connected HCM system supports the entire employee lifecycle. A comprehensive human capital management approach allows schools to better attract, retain, and professionally develop teachers and staff while making HR interactions as effective and efficient as possible. The effect is to help all stakeholders “do more with less” and ensure that every student has access to the single biggest factor impacting their education: excellent teachers in the classroom.
While many human capital management systems exist, not all are created equal — and certainly not all are created specifically for the needs of K-12 education. When purchasing an HCM system for your school or district, there are several important questions to ask:
- Does the system cover the entire employee lifecycle from recruitment to retirement? Human capital management doesn’t end after employees are hired and onboarded. An HCM system built for K-12 should cover the entire employee journey, including position management, recruiting and hiring, onboarding, compensation and benefits, new teacher inductions, managing absences and time and attendance, supporting new teachers through feedback and learning opportunities, and ultimately advanced analytics to support decision-making.
- Will it help us manage risk? Visibility into your data — and understanding where action needs to be taken — is critical to maintaining compliance and avoiding audits.
- Will it help human resources professionals truly own position management, compensation management, and benefits administration? An HCM system for K-12 should bring nuanced functionality and embedded workflows for schools and districts.
- Is it secure? Data privacy isn’t something you can afford to ignore. Make sure employee data is safeguarded with the most comprehensive security measures.
- Is it connected? Disconnected software simply won’t cut it in the future. Sharing data between systems is increasingly vital for saving time, reducing errors, increasing visibility, and working across departments.
- Is it easy for employees to use? Giving teachers and staff visibility into their own data, allowing them to maintain their own personal information, and making it easy to complete frequent tasks aren’t just labor-saving measures. Doing so helps gives employees agency in their own careers, reduces time spent on paperwork, and supports career development and growth.
- Is the HCM system specifically built for K-12? The education world is complex and has its own unique requirements, so beware of “one size fits all” software. Frontline’s software is built from the ground up specifically for the needs of K-12 education, and our team has years of experience working as human resources professionals, curriculum & instruction leaders, principals, teachers, and more.
Pricing for Frontline’s HCM solutions is based on total employee count. A Frontline representative can discuss your specific needs and send you a proposal.