The NYSUT Education & Learning Trust (ELT), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities to meet the needs of NYSUT members in Pre-K-16. Over the past 30 years, ELT’s dynamic cadre of facilitators has provided educators with training programs using best practices, current research-based strategies, and classroom application.
Teacher Evaluation and Development (TED) system integrates with Frontline Professional Growth
The Teacher Evaluation and Development (TED) system is an integrated strategy for teacher evaluation and development based on research into what works to advance teacher growth and student learning. As a FREE resource for public schools in New York state, TED is built into and included with the employee evaluation management tools in Frontline Professional Growth. TED is aligned with New York State Teaching Standards, includes a Teacher Practice Rubric and is supported by an array of tools and professional development resources while meeting APPR requirements.
Why use Frontline Professional Growth and NYSUT’s TED system?
- Enable teachers to actively participate in their own evaluations
- Collect and score evidence on multiple measures of teacher effectiveness, aligned to New York State Teaching Standards and the NYSUT Teacher Practice Rubric
- Based on evaluation results, use the professional learning management tools in Frontline Professional Growth to recommend targeted learning opportunities aligned with New York State Teaching Standards from a variety of sources, including the school, district, BOCES, Teacher Centers, NYSUT’s Education & Learning Trust, higher education institutions and other providers
- Conduct evaluations that lead to meaningful discussions about teaching practice
- Train observers and evaluators in evidence collection, alignment and scoring
- Calculate weighted composite scores based on district-defined implementation of NYSED requirements, including importing NYS student scores and uploading summative results to NYSED TEACH
- Reduce start-up time with TED teacher practice rubrics, forms and components that have been preconfigured in Frontline Professional Growth
Customer Sales Information
Please fill out the form to learn more about the NYSUT Teacher Evaluation and Development system. Available only for districts in NY.