What K-12 School Leaders Need to Know About Suicide Prevention Webinar1 hour 19 minutes
Suicide is the second leading cause of death for youth between the ages of 10 and 19. Because students spend so much time in school, either in person or virtually, teachers and staff are on the front lines of suicide prevention. Realizing the urgent need, a growing number of states are passing legislation requiring teachers to be trained in suicide prevention.
With the right knowledge, school administrators can expand their prevention efforts beyond just recognizing warning signs and risk factors, making them far more effective. Leaders play an essential role in creating a positive school culture where staff and students understand mental health is critical to academic success.
This webinar is designed specifically for the decision makers at the district and campus levels. Participants will learn evidence-based strategies they can implement right away.
- Overview of youth suicide: statistics and scope of problem
- Prevention, intervention, and postvention: successes and challenges
- How school culture influences suicide prevention
- How to develop and implement comprehensive prevention policies and plans
- Resource package
Disclaimer: Frontline Education does not provide advice about mental health. This webinar is provided for informational purposes only.
Access this on-demand webinar.
Watch the What K-12 School Leaders Need to Know About Suicide Prevention webinar now by completing the form .
The software to securely collect and report on student mental, behavioral, & emotional health data
Prioritizing students’ mental, behavioral, and emotional health is now more necessary — and complex — than ever. And growing shortages of health care personnel in schools increases the risk of students falling off the radar. Shortages also make it more likely that staff will fall out of compliance with student data privacy laws.
Frontline’s Mental & Behavioral Health software helps you provide elevated, sustainable, and secure support for students by simplifying administrative processes and data collection and monitoring. With Frontline, you can:
- Focus on student interactions without sacrificing excellent documentation
- Make it easier to spot high-risk students with patterns of behavior such as suicide ideation or bullying
- Prevent students from falling through the cracks by supporting consistent service delivery for each student
- Easily access current and historical student documentation
- Communicate securely across departments and locations without risking FERPA or HIPAA non-compliance
Disclaimer: Frontline Education does not provide guidance on mental or emotional health. This webinar is provided for informational purposes only.