School HR and Employment: The 2021 Legal Landscape Webinar90 minutes
In this webinar, nationally recognized Education Law litigator John Comegno, Esq. provides practical suggestions for district HR leaders.
Access this on-demand webinar.
Watch the School HR and Employment: The 2021 Legal Landscape webinar now by completing the form .
COVID-19 and shifting employment needs and circumstances posed novel and difficult legal questions for school district HR. Will 2021 be simpler to navigate? In this webinar, nationally recognized Education Law litigator and lecturer John Comegno, Esq. will share practical suggestions for district HR leaders as they begin navigating these and other labor and employment issues in 2021:
- What is the boundary between school and personal life in a public health crisis? Can schools limit employee off-campus activity, like travel, to keep the school community safe?
- Is FFCRA and EPSL “over”? Did the US Congress extend the employment protections provided through these laws? Are the requirements different in 2021?
- How may schools address employee absences due to orders of quarantine or close contact/COVID-19 exposure? May paid time off be used, or are employers required to give employees “free” days?
- Negotiating in a pandemic — which issues are negotiable, and which are not, when negotiating collective agreements during this public health crisis?
- Safely handling grievances driven by health — which COVID-19 working condition considerations are grieveable, and which are not? And why?!
- What’s the need to know? Does HIPAA limit employer access to COVID-19 and related health and medical information?
- May schools require vaccines? May schools take employment action against employees who refuse to be vaccinated?
Disclaimer: Frontline Education does not provide legal advice. Always consult your district’s legal counsel.